So, recently I posted an Old School blog survey from Elaine that I totally loved. I wasn’t an old school blogger, but it was definitely something my friends and I would do in junior high! We would write these random questions and pass them in the halls at school. Sometimes it was in SLAM book form (which I completely will not allow as a teacher anymore… not that kids today are cool like we were) or just in random note form. The notes were always folded in a meticulous manner that I could NEVER quite get right and ALWAYS signed LYLAS (that’s Love You Like a Sister for you non-80s kids…).
So anyway, since finding Elaine and linking up my post, I have completely fallen in love with her series and her blog!! She is some kind of fun! I decided to swipe another one of her old school blog ideas just to give myself some fun and random to do. Today is the first Saturday I have found myself with no where to be… and it is the last one for a while too. Tomorrow will be some kind of hectic since I have planned the service… so why not enjoy some frivolity for today?
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, but my maiden name has 10 letters and my mom wanted my other names to be short. So, I am Amy Lee. (I still couldn’t fit all the letters in the boxes of the CAT test, but that’s another story…) Ami is French for friend, so my mom thought it would be providential. Amy mean blessed… and yes, I am!
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? two nights ago while watching a video on youtube… and I was in front of 8 middle school boys, so it was pretty embarrassing. But they got the meaning and we all made a connection!
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sometimes. I am a teacher and I write on the board a lot… I like my board writing better than my paper writing. Funny thing: when I write with great care, my handwriting is exactly like my mom’s. When I don’t, my handwriting is exactly like my dad’s! Ha!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Bright Leaf bologna
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes! 2 at home, 30+ at church, and 110 at school… and I feel like they are ALL mine!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? sure… I mean we have a lot in common!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? yes, but it tends to be lost on those 12 and under… which means I say “never mind” a LOT! (did anyone else just hear Emily Litella say it, too?! Watch this… it’s only 2 seconds! you have time!)
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes… but there are a lot of other things missing now…
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I have a fear of falling, I think I would be signing my own death certificate!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Captain Crunch!!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Never… and now that I am 40, it hurts!!
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Mentally or physically?
yes I do! (At this point my dad would say “yes, but odor isn’t everything”… it was his favorite joke on us kids!)
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Neapolitan… I have trouble making decisions…
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? their smile (or lack of)
15. RED OR PINK? Pink!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I talk a LOT… and most of it is interrupting someone, which I am trying to work on (I get it from my mom).
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? this week I have been wanting to talk with my friend John… I really need to call him…
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST? SAYING NO!!!! Nein, nada, nope, nah, NO!
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? right now I am blissfully barefooted… but my normal everyday footwear is black…
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? sugar cookies. last night. now I am hungry…
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? glorious quiet… the Hubby is hunting and the rest of the house is asleep… even the dog.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? orange
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? vanilla, fresh laundry, and sugar cookies…
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU? ugh… I would sooo leave this question off, but then I would have to go and re-number everything….
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? It has been sooooo long since I have been to the mountains, sigh. Do I really have to choose? Can I have both?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? HOCKEY!!
27. HAIR COLOR? mousey brown with old highlights still hanging in there…
28. EYE COLOR? hazel brown.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? no
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Doritos… and it has been my downfall…
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings only please!!!!
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Other than Hallmark Christmas movies, it would have to be… oh my goodness! Have I even finished a movie lately without falling asleep or needing to go get some work done?!!!
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? green
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? winter, IF I could have snow… summer because I am off with my kids… but my favorite is FALL.
35. FAVORITE DESSERT? cake or brownies…
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? what???
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? both… at the same time… which is probably why I don’t remember the last movie I watched…
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? ugh! There is a book I have been trying to read for over a month but cannot even find the time to open the cover!! sigh. I am so ready for the holiday break!
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? hahaha… I have a mouse pad with an F on it. Hubby bought it for me as a last minute Christmas gift one year. He had no idea there was an initial on it and once Big Girl pointed it out, he went back to the store and they were all out of A’s and K’s… so he gave it to me anyway and said it stood for fabulous… gotta love that guy…
40. FAVORITE SOUND? my kids singing… they do it a lot when they think no one else is listening. It is so beautiful!
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC? 80s and Contemporary Christian.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Europe
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can do a lot of things… not all at the same time and not all very well…
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Fort Bening, Georgia
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? in the state where nothing could be finer!
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? red brick, tan trim, red shutter and door…
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? gun metal gray… that’s what it said on the invoice: gun metal gray…
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS? this has been fun! I hope others will do it too!
No one may feel led to link up, but I thought I would make a link anyway… I thought it would be a hoot! Don’t you?! I will keep this open all week, just in case you had other posts planned… Thanks, Elaine, for the idea!!