One of my favorite songs is “The End of the Summer” by Theory of a Dead Man… not Christian Music, but definitely a good song. (check it out here if you want to take a listen) It is playing on loop in my head right this very moment… sigh.
It is the end of my summer. It was a busy one, but it was beautiful! And now it is over. I went back to work last week. Students return this Monday. In my future lies the 19th set of 180 student days. 19 years. Wow. double sigh.
Let me recap our beautiful summer… if not to keep you posted, then to keep fresh in my mind how truly blessed I am.
- As soon as school let out, our family of four geared up for Youth Sunday… which was also Father’s Day. Little Man and Big Girl sang praises to our Lord and Big Girl gave her testimony. We were proud of all our youth. They did an awesome job.
- Less than an hour after the pastor dismissed us, we were on the road to Disney! It was our third trip… and if you listen to Hubby it was our last. If it was indeed our last, we definitely ended on a high note! We had a blast!
- Once we were back home from our vacation, we were back on the road for a day trip to the beach! It was a great day with my girl scout trip… plus Little Man, who felt like a fish out of water surrounded by all the giggly girls. To make him happy, we added a tour at Fort Macon before heading home.
- Independence Day meant time spent with family. My brother and his family were in the states from Cairo and we were so very excited to have them. While they were visiting, the Cairo riots began. My brother was needed back at his job, but it was no longer safe for his wife and daughters to return, so they stayed back with us. (As tension continues to escalate, I ask for prayers for my brother.)
- We took two day trips with my sister-in-law and nieces. The first was to the kid’s museum and the second was the Museum of Life and Science. Both days were glorious and I was praising God for having them close.
- We took a trip to Kings Dominion with our youth group. My family of four LOVES amusement parks! We love the rides, the food, the excitement. We were only there for the day, but we had a blast!!
- Throughout the entire course of the summer I was completing my honey-do list for Hubby to help him prepare for the Rhett Walker Band concert. When the date finally arrived, it was more than a little surreal. I mean, we had been planning and preparing since DECEMBER! It was the most awesome night of praise we have ever experienced.
And now I am back at work. The group I have were kids I had two years ago in third grade. Some are new to me… but most are familiar. I truly loved making phone calls to let them know they were mine. It makes saying goodbye to this lovely summer a little more bearable.
DON’T FORGET! Starting next Monday, August 26 (the first day of school in my county), I will be hosting a weekly link up of praise! Link your posts of praise to God, pictures of praise, or even videos/audio files of praise and worship music. It is all about lifting praise to our Father. We will be linking up every Monday, so maybe this will help us all focus on finding reasons to praise and ways to praise our Heavenly Father. I hope you all join me!